Thirteen Things about my job
1…. I am a volunteer adviser for Citizen’s Advice Bureau
2. To start with I was an admin assistant there for a couple of months.
3. I started there on Sept 1st 2004
4. And I started my adviser training at the end of October that year, I think.
5. I’ve been advising clients since May last year.
6. I’m still training but I hope to get my certificate soon.
7. I have advised about lots of different subjects, the main ones being divorce, debt, benefits, employment, immigration, neighbour disputes, housing.
8. I never know what my day is going to be like when I’m there.
9. I prefer to do face to face client advice.
10. A lot of the time I advise on the phone which I struggle with.
11. I’ve always been something of a passionate activist but CAB has made me more of one.
12. I’ve learnt a lot of valuable lessons about myself and about life whilst working at CAB
13. I love my job (most of the time, at least)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!