>I was lucky enough to be asked to take part in a virtual “roundtable” on blogging and disability. It was an opportunity I was really excited about, particularly given the fact that so many bloggers took part who I admire and consider to be better at this blogging lark than I am.
The roundtable appears in the latest addition of DSQ and whilst a paid subscription is required to be able to access the content, it’s well worth a read.
Of particular interest to me was the fact that several of us seemed to touch without meaning too on the same or similar issues – one of which being Ashley X. It also allowed me to “get to know” some bloggers I’d not encountered or didn’t know well.
I’ve put the full list of everyone who took part and the links to their blogs and contributions below.
- Introduction by Steve Kuusisto
- Scott Rains (of The Rolling Rains Report Blog)
- Ruth Harrigan (of Wheelie Catholic)
- The Goldfish (of Diary of a Goldfish)
- Darren Hillock (of Get Around Guide)
- Kay Olson / Blue (of The Gimp Parade)
- Alicia “Kestrell” Verlager (of The Blind Bookworm Blog)
- The Wheelchair Dancer (of Wheelchair Dancer)
- Emma Crees (of The Life and Times of Emma)
- Stephen Kuusisto (of Planet of the Blind)
As an unrelated side note: my name and surname are now out there in the blogosphere associated with this blog. It’s kind of weird that my full name is there now but I think I like it. At least I decided that I wanted to be known by my full name in the roundtable because I am proud of my writings and I wanted to acknowledge that. I have no clue if this bit makes sense but I wanted to share that here.
So yeah, in case you didn’t know, I’m Emma Crees. It’s nice to meet you.