I used to be a big fan of the 101 in 1001 idea – 101 goals to work towards over the next 1001 days. I had two 101 lists that each ran for a period of 1001 days and I completed many from. I then wrote a third list but that petered out and I never really did much with it. I had been thinking of writing a new 101 in 1001 list but the thing is that’s a lot of goals and a long period of time and to be honest it might be better to have a shorter list of goals to work towards over a shorter time period.
So here is my list of twenty goals to work on by the end of 2015. It’s a bit of a cheat in places in that one of the goals I’m almost definitely going to complete this week and there is already a vague plan for me to do one, maybe two, of them next month. And there may be an access issue with a fourth but here’s the list anyway.
Visit the British Library(14/11/14)
Go to a TV filming(The Great British Bake Off – An Extra Slice, 08/10/14) Watch Cirque du Soleil perform(Kooza at The Royal Albert Hall 30/01/15)
- Visit The Shard
- Emirates Airline (cable car) in London
- Get swimming regularly again
- Make a blanket for my bed
- Reach 200 books read from the 1001 books to read before you die list
- Go to the Imperial War Museum on a day it’s actually open
- Listen to one audiobook a month
- Finish my novel
- Write the fanfic that’s been at the back of my mind driving me crazy for months
- Have my nails done professionally with extensions and nail art
- Watch all of The Bridge
- Start eating more variety – there are plenty of things I eat but find tricky to make so don’t. Figure it out.
- Go to bed before midnight every night for six weeks
- Botanical Gardens in Oxford
- Go back to Buckingham Palace before my 1 year pass expires
- Chips on the sea front
- Try a new craft taster workshop