The weather was so bad on Monday that I was sure I wouldn’t be going sailing And then on Tuesday it was better but I still thought it likely we wouldn’t go. As the day went on I began to suspect a yes was possible. Then I got an email saying it wasn’t great weather and the access dinghies wouldn’t go out but confident challenger sailors were welcome but likely to get wet. I’m never quite sure when they say that whether I’m what they mean by confident challenger sailors. I’m quite a fair weather sailor and I get scared easily. But the friend I was getting a lift with needed to go and pick something up so I figured I should go and see. And pretty much the decision got taken out of my hands.
It was wet, rained right when I got out of the car (although I didn’t need to change clothes) and a bit choppy with some squalls. I didn’t enjoy the squalls but I was really glad I got on the water. Unsurprisingly as soon as I told the safety boat guys that I’d had enough and went in the rain stopped and the wind dropped.
We stayed for a drink afterwards and got to watch another spectacular Farmoor sunset.