Last Wednesday I did my 50th mile in my new powerchair. I was in Bournemouth for the day. I’ve been meaning to write this entry ever since but I’m finally doing it because if I don’t I’ll have to write it tomorrow and title it “the first 60 miles”
In that time I’ve
- Been for coffee with two different groups of friends
- Wandered around town a lot just trying it out and seeing what it can do.
- Done errands and supermarket trips and other boring things.
- Realised that I will not be able to get my hair cut in this chair
- Got on a train for the first time in nearly three months
- Made three separate train journeys one of which involved changing.
- Went to Reading for shopping and treated myself to new perfume
- Took my nephew on a wheelchair accessible roundabout at the park
- Been to CAB
- Made a second trip to Reading to meet a friend for lunch and cocktails (and accidentally bought two books whilst there)
- Had a day out in Bournemouth with another friend – we walked along the sea front a bit, had lunch on the pier, visited the Oceanarium and walked through the gardens.
- Been on a bus
- Officially made it longer than I did with the Salsa before damaging it (two weeks to the day after I got the Salsa I did a couple of hundred quids worth of damage. The Jive is undamaged)
I’m not planning on going to Bournemouth again (I would but I feel like we’ve done it and I have other places I’d like to go), I’m unlikely to go on a roundabout again and I won’t be going on another bus. I desperately hope not to damage it. But the rest is on the list for things to do again.