Catching up on what I haven’t blogged. I would like to write longer posts about some of these but also want to get them recorded in case I don’t get round to doing so
- I am about four weeks post second covid jab. Going for the second jab went much better than the first and I had no side effects
- I’ve been doing a lot of boring life admin while I have the chance: hair cut, dentist, opticians, lymphodema clinic and two trips to orthotics clinic.
- It turns out getting new shoes from orthotics is very similar to getting new wheelchair tyres. I know I need them but I don’t know how much until I see an identical but brand new pair and am shocked…
- I have been able to get out maybe once a week or so. To start with I was going with Driving Miss Daisy. I went to Dunelm, Millets twice (met up with friends one time), a couple of trips into Oxford after hospital appointments and two trips to The Oracle in Reading (once properly and then for just over an hour before my second jab as I had it at the madejski).
- Starting two weeks ago, Dad and I had two trips on the train to get my confidence back. We did Reading one week and Oxford the week after. Both went well and it was lovely to see familiar faces from the assisted travel teams.
- Last Saturday I went on the train by myself and met a friend who lives in Reading. We hadn’t seen each other since 2019 and went for lunch then cocktails. That was lovely but I was very anxious about the train. I just had to do it on the grounds of “if I don’t do it now, when will I.”
- On Tuesday I trialled a new powerchair. It went much better then when I trialled a different new one last year. I was pretty anti the idea of a new chair before they came because I didn’t think there were good options for me but I was pleasantly surprised!