>New Layout – Victorian Grunge

>I’ve been meaning to redo my layout properly for ages.  But I was having problems with the new template designer.  It wasn’t until today that I realised that if I used a different template as a basis it would all be much easier.

The background and header and made using a free digi scrapping kit.  It’s one I’ve had saved on my computer for about three years (since Feb 2008 according to the file) and had forgotten about until I went digging through my documents earlier today.  The long time readers might remember it from 2008 where the current background and variant of my header graced my Wheelchair Princess blog for some time.  I didn’t have details of where the kit came from but it’s called Victorian Grunge and a quick google finds it available for free from this site.

I was hoping to use web fonts to change my title font etc but the tutorial I read on it confused me a lot and I couldn’t find the font I wanted in a read made one.  So I changed it in the html which does mean people might not see it.  It’s Kristen ITC and it’s the font I’ve used for my header image (which people will see).  If someone wants to demystify web fonts for me that would be lovely.